Are you a budding Ugandan poet keen on improving the quality of your poems? Word Oven would like to edit your poems with you.
What to do
Send a 20-line poem on any theme to wordovenug [at] gmail [dot]com with the subject line, Word Oven Poetry.
- You'll learn how to be your first editor
- Your edited poem stands a chance of being published on our website and social media pages starting March 2018
- The mentorship is free of charge
- You can only send one poem at a time
- You can only participate twice for the duration of the project
- Format your poem in Times New Roman, font size 12, single spacing. The poem should have a title. Include your name and contact
- Send your poem as a Word attachment
- Submissions with spelling errors will not be considered
- Poets who have published a full-length poetry collection are not eligible to participate (in this round of mentorship)
- Selected poets must be available for the online editing process
- The mentorship can be withdraw if a selected poet doesn’t show commitment during the editing process
Submissions open on 28 February 2018 and close on 30 April 2018
Terms and conditions apply